Followers

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Sunday Sessions

I have spent the majority of my Sundays over the last 50 plus years in church. It is something that many people on the planet consider a normal part of their week. When I began my deconstruction I no longer wanted to attend any type of organized church service. Over the last several years I have had an on again off again relationship with attending an organized church. I finally decided that if I surrounded myself with a group of friends that would still provide me with the "fellowship" portion that was so important to maintain, that I could handle the "sunday morning service" portion myself. It has been the one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself.

My Sunday sessions are always held outside regardless of the weather. They begin around sunrise and generally last about two hours. There is music. There is prayer and meditation and the there is a time of silent contemplation. These times are some of the most amazing of times while I simply sit and listen to what Spirit wants to download. I will from time to time be sharing what I hear during my Sunday Sessions. That being said, here goes.

Back in January I was sitting quietly, contemplating several things when a blue jay flew down to the ground just a foot or so away from me. (How often has this ever happened to you in an institutional church service?) Our eyes met for a few seconds and then flew away just as quickly as he came. Instantly, I began to hear a chorus of voices whispering to me. There were many and they were distinct but I could not make out what they were saying individually. Ever so slowly they became one voice. It was much like tuning in a radio station; somewhat static and garbled until you land directly on the station. All the voices became one and they all spoke in unison. It was creation itself speaking to me and here's what it said:

We were here before Adam, before mankind was created. Do you not realize that when the Creator and Adam walked together in the cool of the day that we were also present? We bowed our leafy heads as the Creator passed, the flowers sprung up to meet him and release their aroma for his pleasure. Do you realize that the birds flew about His head and the animals stopped what they were doing to gaze at the face of the Creator? The one big difference that mankind has seemed to overlook is that when Adam sinned and lost his perfect connection with the Creator, we, the creation never did. We have always remained in perfect connection with the Creator. We have, for millenia, continued to perform the things we were created to do in perfect harmony with the Creator all the while awaiting for the manifestation of mankind to once again live in perfect harmony both with the Creator and with us, the creation. You are our brother, but you have much to learn.

And then it was over. I was greatly humbled by this exchange and it has helped me to see myself as a part of the bigger picture. It reminded me that the charge given to Adam to have dominion over the Earth is not one of mastery. Not one that would rape and pillage and destroy the place we call home. But rather it is a place of working with all of creation to develop it, understand it and to create together the best possible planet that we can achieve with the help of the Creator. If you think about it in simple terms, the Earth is here to take care of us. She gives us all the food we eat, all the clothing we wear and all the material for the houses we live in, the cars we drive and even the brick and mortar churches we worship in. She has the ability to heal us and restore our spirit. She always nurtures us and takes care of our needs every single day. But can we honestly say the same. Are we taking care of her and all of our brothers and sisters that make up creation but that are not human?

Something for you to think about on this Tuesday. 

Aho Meyakuyah Ohayesin

Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth Day 2021

  The pandemic has done many things. Each of us has our own story. Perhaps one of the best things that has come out of it is that the Earth ...